Actress, singer and former VJ - Sophie Choudry is to the manner born. Luxury, class and grandeur are her best friends. Raised in the posh surroundings of London, Sophie Choudry is a perfect glamour doll. But there’s a warm, earthy person hiding behind the sheen. LiveInStyle speaks to the diva, who opens up about her party, nightlife and lifestyle fundas. Read on...
1. Partying at a club or a house party, which one would you prefer?
If I'm in London or New York, I'd prefer partying at a club. But whenever I'm in India, I always prefer house parties. I don't think partying in Mumbai is fun anymore! There were times when I went to places like Asilo (Palladium Hotel), Aer (Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts) or Ellipsis to grab a drink and unwind. And if I was in the mood to dance the night away I'd go to EXO (Palladium Hotel). Also, my image perceived by people might be sexy and glamorous but I'm completely the opposite. I prefer chilling at home most of the time. And when I'm in a mood to party, then I prefer to do that only with my close friends in a private space.
2. What are your favourite party destinations all around the globe?
My favourite party destinations are London, New York and Dubai. I've been to Tokyo and Istanbul too and both these places are equally fun.
3. Which city has the best nightlife according to you?
I'm a London girl. I remember enjoying an awesome nightlife when I was living there. The nightlife of Paris is amazing too. Especially, their rocking bars and pubs. I've visited New York and I'm in love with the city's party vibe. People there are cool and chilled out. And I love it when they play classic genres.
4. Which is the best party you've attended?
That's a tough one! There have been quite a few memorable parties outside of India. But the most memorable party I've been to in recent times has to be Karan Johar's 40th Birthday bash. That was a night full of glamour and fun!
5. Who among your friends makes for great company at a party?
Manish Malhotra is super fun to party with. So is Karan Johar. He's the funniest person I've ever met. Apart from them, there's Amrita Arora, Neha Dhupia, Malaika Arora Khan and Tanuj Garg. They all make for great company at a party.
6. Five memorable party moments you remember?
1) I'd visited Abu Dhabi once as their government invited me to witness the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Post which I partied along with my friends Sidharth Mallya, Radhika and Aashish at Cipriani. It's a stylish, elegant restaurant with a beautiful outdoor terrace overlooking the Marina. I remember dancing all night long on one of their yachts. It was such an awesome night!
2) Another fun night I'd had was at Tramps in London. They played my version of 'Hungama ho gaya' and that felt really cool!
3) I also remember a party I attended at Jimmy'z, when I was in Monte Carlo for a weekend with my friends. It was madness. Never in my life have I seen so many champagne bottles being popped at the same time.
4) I was out clubbing with some of my friends in London and Brad Pitt was there too. He was there with his friends. And guess what? He joined us on the dance floor! That was one crazy experience I can never forget.
5) I remember partying with my friends at one of the most famous strip clubs in Tokyo. My friends dared me to do a pole dance. Next thing I knew the girls were teaching me a few moves! It was crazy!
7. Five worst pickup lines that you’ve come across...
1) "Are you tired? Because you've been running through my mind all night!"
2) "Is it hot in here or is it just you?"
3) "Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"
4) "Did it hurt when you fell down from heaven?"
5) "Remember me? Oh that's right, I've only met you in my dreams!"
8. What gets you dancing in a club?
I love grooving to Hip-hop songs. Whenever I'm at a party and a Hip-hop song plays, I get all excited. It gets me into the party mood. Same is the case with R&B. Of course, dancing to Bollywood songs is fun too!
9. What are your go-to cocktails at a party?
I'm not much of a drinker, so at the most you'd see me enjoying a glass of vodka with soda and lime or maybe a glass of champagne!
10. What’s the best cocktail you’ve had?
In Malaysia, I tried Whisky with cold green tea. It was sensational. I've also tried and loved Raspberry Mojito in Abu Dhabi that was another level of yummy!
11. Three ways you get over a hangover.
One must have lots of fruits, coconut water and carbs!
12. What is your message to fans about drinking and partying responsibly?
Never drink and drive. It's the dumbest thing to do. You may be fine but how can you be selfish enough to put another person's life at risk? Be wise and stay safe.
13. Top 5 songs on your party playlist...
a) Summer - Calvin Harris
b) Yaar na mile - Kick
c) London Tumakda - Queen
d) Bang Bang - Bang Bang
e) Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
14. Do you enjoy Karaoke nights?
I love Karaoke nights. And one must visit Tokyo to witness their style of Karoake Nights. They're amazing. They take Karaoke very seriously, which makes the whole process even more fun.
15. Who is your favourite DJ?
Personally, I'm a big fan of David Guetta. I got an opportunity to meet him once and he's a sweetheart! We spoke in French and that was so cool! Apart from him, I quite adore Tiesto, Calvin Harris and Avicii too.
16. What is your go-to outfit for a night out at a club?
I'd definitely opt for a short dress that I feel sexy in! Although, I wouldn't go for a very short dress that'd make me feel uncomfortable. Probably a dress that complements the fun and flirtatious side to me and something that I feel good wearing. Red and Black are my favorite colors. So the dress should be either of those colors.
17. What are your style tips for men and women going out to party?
I'd ask them to wear something that's comfortable yet stylish! And not something, which is too tight to wear. My request to guys is to completely ignore extra tight t-shirts! It's a huge turn off, even if you have six-pack abs. And all you girls out there, do wear heels but not the ones that make you uncomfortable. And don't overdo the bling or the makeup! Keep it clean, chic, simple and sexy. Oh! And wear deodorant and perfume. That goes for men and women!
18. Tell us about the most luxurious holiday you've had?
I've travelled in a private jet a couple of times and it's seriously cool! I've been fortunate to always stay in wonderful hotels and since I'm a foodie I love spending money on good food. Istanbul was actually great fun! My mum and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, ate at Zuma on the Bosphorus which was divine. Last year, my Mom and I spent 2 weeks in New York, stayed at the JW Marriot overlooking Central Park and ate at Cipriani!
19. Which are the places you've visited. And are there any places you wish to explore soon?
The list is far too long! I'm extremely blessed to have explored Montreal, Tokyo and Bali. I've also extensively covered Europe as well. I'm yet to visit New Zealand and Australia so maybe these two destinations are next on my bucket list! I've heard both these places are beautiful and the people there are warm and fun.
20. Which has been your favourite holiday destination? And what made it so special?
Tokyo was incredible because it's unlike any place I've visited! I instantly fell in love with the people, the food and their culture in general. What made the trip so special was the fact that I got to have dinner with the most famous Japanese chef in the world, Chef Nobu!
21. What is your travel philosophy?
Travel is a huge part of my life! I absolutely love and value it! Ever since I was a little kid my mum has made sure I have travelled far and wide to experience different cultures, histories and people! You cannot grow as a human being if you do not travel!
Liveinstyle.com encourages you to Party Responsibly!