Terms and Conditions for the Royal Challenge Whisky “Jeet har cap ke neeche” campaign.
Specific Terms and Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions apply to every person (“Participant”) entering the Royal Challenge Whisky “Jeet har cap ke neeche” (the “Campaign”) conducted by United Spirits Limited (“USL”).
2. By entering this campaign, all Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions. If you are not agreeable to any of the Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Campaign.
3. At the time of entering the Contest, the Participant must be a resident of India and must be an Indian citizen. The Participant must not be less than twenty one (21) years old. All entries in this Contest will be automatically disqualified without notice if the participant is less than twenty one (21) years of age.
4. The contest starts from 10th March 2017 “Start Date” and ends on 31st May 2017 “closing date”
5. The Campaign is applicable on limited stocks only and is valid till stocks last. Each Participant must SMS the unique code Under the Cap to 9008590085 to avail INR 20/- recharge (excluding applicable taxes).
- a) The participant can avail the recharge, a maximum of once per day, on the same MSISDN
- b) The participant can avail the recharge, a maximum of 5 times through the course of the campaign, on the same MSISDN
6. Upon sending the unique code as an SMS to 9008590085, the Participant will receive an incoming call on the same MSISDN.
7. During the call, the participant will be asked a question and be asked to respond by pressing certain keys on the mobile phone. If the Participants answers correctly, the participant will be shortlisted for winning the Grand Prize of the Contest.
8. The participant should complete their entry by pressing an appropriate key to indicate the answer for the question.
9. Each Participant must complete the above entry process, on or before: (a) the Closing Date to be eligible to participate in the Campaign for the Grand Prize (Defined Below). No calls to USL will be accepted. By entering the Campaign, each Participant promises that he or she fulfils the eligibility requirements.
10. Grand Prize: The participant is eligible for the gratification after successfully answering the question. The winners are selected from an automated process on the randomizer once they successfully answer the question. They are eligible to win the following prize:
11. 8 individual winners from the entire contest duration will be chosen for winning 1 voucher each worth 70,000/- each for Trip to Dubai as per itinerary mentioned in annexure A
12. The prize in the Contest may be subject to variation at the discretion of USL, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant who enters this Contest.
13. The prizes for this Contest will be given to the winners as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Each winner must accept his/ her prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at USL’s sole discretion. USL reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize or a component of it cannot be awarded or utilized as described.
14. USL or its representative will send an email to the Prize Winners at the email address given by the entrant. In the event that the Prize Winners do not acknowledge/ accept/ collect/ use their prizes within the stated timeline and/ or do not provide the information requested for by USL within the stated timelines, the Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/ she shall forfeit the prize being awarded and USL shall have the right to award the same prize(s) to another Participant(s).
15. USL is not responsible for failure to contact any potential winner(s), and will not be responsible for contacting or awarding the prizes to any selected Participant(s) who does not respond to USL’s e-mail or telephone calls, if any, within the time periods provided, for any reason whatsoever. Further, in no event shall USL be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the winner or recipient for reasons beyond its control.
16. Prize Winners for international travel will need to complete Passport & Visa requirements on their own. USL is not responsible if the winners fail to obtain Passport & Visa required for any reason.
17. The Prize Winners may be liable for any taxes, duties, perquisite tax, income tax and/or surcharges that may be levied on competition/contest prizes/ awards and for any expenses not specified in the description of the prizes.
18. Contest entries and any materials (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) of the Participants is the property of USL and USL shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use the material in any medium (including internet) free of charge and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. All present and future intellectual property rights in any such material become and remain the sole property of USL. The Participant hereby expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally waives, to the maximum extent possible, all moral rights to which he/she may now or at any time be entitled in respect of any video, photo, film or other document protected by intellectual property rights.
19. USL reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and the eligibility of Participant In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Participant, USL’s decision shall be final.
20. The prize in the Campaign may be subject to variation at the discretion of USL, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant who enters this Campaign.
21. The prize for this Campaign will be given to the participants as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Each participant must accept his/ her prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at USL’s sole discretion. USL reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize or a component of it cannot be awarded or utilized as described.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Employees of USL or their relatives or employees of USL's affiliates, group companies, and marketing and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in this Campaign.
2. Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any Participant from continuing to take part in the Campaign and such Participant's participation will be invalid. USL retains the sole discretion to refuse Participants the right to participate if it feels that these Terms and Conditions are being violated.
3. USL reserves the right to change any details of the Campaign, including but not limited to amending these Terms and Conditions; the type of Campaign and the prizes for the Campaign. USL reserves the right to amend, temporarily suspend or withdraw the Campaign in its absolute discretion provided that USL shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
4. USL shall not be liable to award/provide the prize(s) and/or declare the winners of the prizes of the Campaign due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, Act of God, insurrection or civil disorder, religious strife, war or military operations, terrorist act, partial or total strikes, either internal or external, lock-out, epidemic, blockage of means of transport or of supplies, national or local emergency, earthquake, fire, storm, flood, water damage, governmental, regulatory or legal restrictions, acts or omissions of persons for whom USL is not responsible.
5. By entering this Campaign, Participants agree to hold harmless USL, its agencies, the judges and its affiliates, against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) Participant's participation in the Campaign; (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded; and (iii) the administration of the Campaign and the distribution of prizes awarded. Participants hereby release, waive and discharge any and all claims of damage, loss or causes of action (including negligence) including but not limited to loss or damage to person or property which the Participant and his/her representatives or assignees may have, suffer or which may hereinafter accrue to the Participant or as a result of the Participant's participation in the Campaign or use of the prizes awarded.
6. USL reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of USL, engaged in conduct in entering or participating in the Contest which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Contest and/or USL. USL reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this paragraph. USL reserves the right to exclude winners who have been convicted of a criminal offence or who have a criminal court case pending.
7. All Participants acknowledge and agree that the decisions of USL with respect to all aspects of the Campaign are final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard
8. USL shall not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, delayed, incomplete or destroyed entries and all such entries are void and may be disqualified at any time. USL does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/ data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
9. USL is not liable for any problems, errors, or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this Campaign, including but not limited to, any damage to the Participant's computer or other technical device, or software, as a result of the Participant's participation in this Campaign. USL shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with this Campaign, prize or prizes and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from this Campaign, prize or prizes.
10. USL advocates the responsible service and consumption of alcohol and abides by a strict code of marketing practice for alcoholic beverages. It is a condition of this Campaign that Participants comply with applicable regulations and guidelines for the responsible service and promotion of alcohol, (available at www.DrinkIQ.com). Participants are encouraged to visit www.DrinkIQ.com for information on safe drinking, standard drinks and related issues.
11. USL collects Participants' personal information in order to conduct the Contest. If the information requested is not provided, the Participant is not eligible to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, unless otherwise advised, each Participant also agrees that USL and/or its affiliates may use this information, or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Participant. Participants' personal information may be disclosed to government authorities and winners' names may be published. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Jitin Makhijani United Spirits Limited UB City level 8, #24 Vittal Mallya road, Bangalore 560001.
12. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Indian laws shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Campaign or these Terms and Conditions. The courts at Bengaluru shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Campaign
ITINERARY FOR DUBAI
DAY 01: DELHI - DUBAI
- Arrival in Dubai
- Meet and Greet at the airport by our representative
- Transfer to the hotel
- Check into the hotel
- Sometime to Refresh & Relax
- Dhow cruise with Dinner on board
- Overnight stay at the hotel
DAY 02: DUBAI
- Buffet Breakfast at the hotel
- Proceed for half day city tour with entrance to Burj Khalifa
- Return to hotel
- Transfer to Desert Safari with Dinner
- Overnight stay at the hotel
DAY 03: DUBAI - DELHI
- Buffet Breakfast at the hotel
- Check out of the hotel
- Transfer to the airport to fly back to India
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast on twin occupancy at a 4 star property
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Desert Safari with 4x4 land cruisers for dune bashing along with belly dancing, tanoura show, camel ride, heena painting and BBQ dinner served at the camp site
- Half Day Dubai city tour
- Visit to Burj Khalifa, with tickets ( Normal Slot 8 Am to 1.30 pm / 7.30 PM to 11 PM ) - Subject to availability
- Buffet breakfast as specified in the itinerary
- Water bottles 2x500ml pp
- Dubai tourist Visa charges
- Overseas travel insurance (Below 69 yrs)
- Return airfare in economy class
- Any Personal expenses
- Any Event
- Any on board activity
- Any service not mentioned above
- Any extra meal unless mentioned above
- GST OF 9 % On the total billing
- Any mini bar, laundry if used - the bills needs to be cleared at the time of check out
- Any entertainment unless specified
- Any Liquor during the trip