Top 6 EDM DJs in India to Listen to in 2018
There's something about EDM - exciting, electric, unique and a world of its own. The music crosses all boundaries and EDM is for everyone, with its beats, melodies and mixes that stick. India's EDM scene has taken the global stage by storm, with some exciting DJs putting their beats out in the world. The best known name on list is Nucleya, best known for his international meets Indian sounds. If you'd like to explore some new sounds for the year ahead, here's a list of EDM artists you should look out for in 2018.
1. Anish Sood: Ashish hails from Goa – so it’s not a wonder then that he exemplifies the world ‘party!’ He has played in all major festivals like EVC, Aamby Valley and Storm Festival in Coorg. Anish has also collaborated guest mixes with the likes of international stars Afrojack and Hardwell. If that wasn’t enough, he has opened shows and played alongside some of the big names, like Axwell, Afrojack and David Guetta to name a few.
2. Kerano: Delhi based Kerano (aka Karanvir Singh) burst onto the scene when Polish DJ Tom Swoon announced his new single in collaboration with him titled ‘Here I stand’ (Kerano’s debut). Most were left wondering - 'who is this guy?' until Kerano's music spoke for itself. His music is cutting edge and experimental, packing in energy and surprises. Kerano’s passion behind the console is reflected in his powerful sets filled with his own bootlegs which are sure to getting you going, and how!
3. Lost Stories: Mumbai-based Electronic Dance Music duo Lost Stories, comprising Prayag Mehta and Rishab Joshi performed at the annual EDM festival Tomorrowland 2015, in Belgium, putting themselves – and Indian EDM music – on the map. In 2014, Lost Stories released their debut album Music For The #Generation. The album spawned the hit single How Do You Like Me Now, the video of which was very well received by EDM fans and highly ranked on the Vh1 Top 100 Videos of 2014. The duo has since played some memorable sets alongside Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Martin Garrix, Steve Aoki and Laidback Luke amongst many others. They're definitely worth listening to, whether you are an EDM fan or are just about getting yourself immersed in it.
4. Sartek: Sartek (aka Sarthak Sardana) switched fields from Chartered Accountancy to music when he released his debut track ‘Apocalypse’ on Magik Muzik/Black Hole Recordings. Since then, he has gathered many feathers in his hat - he is the first Indian DJ producer to be released on Hardwell's music label and is the only Indian to release an original single with the label which was owned by the legend, Tiesto. The track got support from Marcus Schossow, Myon & Shane54, First State, Anjunabeats Worldwide and many more. Sartek has also toured extensively with Asia’s largest festival, Sunburn.
5. (S)haan: The DJ who describes his music as “melodic but at the same time exciting – endlessly colourful.” Apart from being the first Indian to play at Tomorrowland, Shaan has elevated himself to the next level with the introduction of a whole stage curated by him at Sunburn Festival called the “Shaan and friends” stage. Shaan's music is deeply impactful - one of his most popular tracks is his remix of the very emotional song "See You Again" which paid homage to the late star, Paul Walker. Shaan's original tracks are also worth a listen, especially if you are fond of his unique sounds. Also do check out his lovely singe with the vocals of the fabulous singer Lauren Evans.
6. Zaeden: He might be only 21, but New Delhi producer Sahil Sharma aka Zaeden has already made a name for himself. His electric collaboration with American DJ, Borgeous has notched up over a million views. Zaeden made waves with his remixes of Maroon 5’s “Animals” and Justin Bieber’s “Love Yourself” and collaborated with American producer Borgeous on the 2015 track “Yesterday.” It will be interesting to see how Zaeden's music evolves as he grows - he is definitely the future of EDM in India and a rising star to watch out for!
So tune in and listen on - what are you waiting for!
Picture credits: themanipaljournal, sunburn.com, justdial.com
LiveInStyle.com encourages you to party responsibly