The year just flew by and its October already. And in case you haven’t noticed… its HOT!
While our go to drink for when the mercury rises is a cold, thick milkshake, there’s a sure shot way to make it even better – adult milkshakes!
Join us as we shake things up a bit (get it?) with milkshakes that contain just a little splash of something extra. AKA a good old-fashioned dash of your favourite liquor!
We’re making dreams come true today, aren’t we?
COCONUT RUM SHAKE
Take your favourite tender coconut ice cream, mix it with some vanilla and rum, and turn that frown upside down!
1 tub tender coconut ice cream
1 tub vanilla ice cream
1 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
freshly grated nutmeg
1. Add the coconut and vanilla ice cream to a blender. Add about 3/4 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
2. Give it a whirl and add more rum if you want it to be thinner.
3. Top it with some whipped cream and then grate some nutmeg over it!
OREO MILKSHAKE WITH BAILEYS AND SMIRNOFF
The whisky and cream-based Baileys and a healthy dose of Smirnoff add a delectable punch to this grown up take on an Oreo milkshake!
1 tub vanilla ice cream; slightly softened
10 Oreo cookies
1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
1/4 cup Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
drizzle of chocolate syrup
cookies n’ creme chocolate bar
1. Drizzle chocolate syrup on a small plate and add chocolate sprinkles to another small plate. Dip the rims of your glasses into chocolate syrup, then into the sprinkles and refrigerate.
2. Add ice cream, cookies, Baileys Irish Cream, and Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour into glasses and garnish with a piece of the cookies n’ creme bar and enjoy responsibly!
BLUEBERRY PANCAKE MILKSHAKE
This wondrous concoction is unbelievably easy and perfectly tasty! Just be prepared for when your guests start asking for a second glass!
For The Blueberry Syrup
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
For The Milkshake
1 tub vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Smirnoff Vodka
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 pancake or muffin (crumbled)
1. To make the blueberry syrup, mix blueberries and sugar together using a whisk in a small saucepan until completely dissolved. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring often, until syrup is thickened, for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
2. In a blender, add the ingredients for the milkshake and blend for about 30 - 45 seconds, or until well combined.
3. Drizzle the blueberry syrup on the sides of your glass and allow to drip down. Pour the milkshake into your glass. Optionally top with a crumbled pancake or muffin.
CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE WITH WHISKY
Ice cream, malt, milk and whisky - all in one glorious milkshake that comes together in less than 5 minutes!
1 cup cold milk
6 tablespoons Johnnie Walker Gold Label Whisky
4 tablespoons malted milk powder
2 cups chocolate ice cream
2 cups ice
chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Add milk, whisky, malted milk powder, chocolate ice cream, and ice to the blender. Add 3 - 6 tablespoons of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Whisky (depending upon how strong you want your milkshake to be)
2. Blend on low, slowly increasing the speed until a smooth consistency is reached, for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add more milk if a thinner milkshake is desired.
3. Top with fresh whipped cream and garnish.
Make your next house party a hit with these delicious milkshakes.
Want to have your favourite drinks home delivered? If you're in Bangalore, download HipBar which is a premium drinks delivery app here!
Credits: bakedbree, thechunkychef, cookienameddesire, jessicagavin