- 1/2 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 8 whole star anise
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Champagne or sparkling wine
Ginger Champagne is a spicy concoction made by blending Ginger, Anise, Spices and Champagne. This sweet and spicy drink is found on the menus of different bars and restaurants around the world. This concoction is known to have a signature gingery flavour.
Sugar and ginger is heated with water to make the ginger syrup for this particular mix. The drink gets its spicy flavour from Chinese five-spice powder. A star of Anise is also added to the mix to give it a slightly bitter flavour. Some bartenders rim the Champagne Flute with powdered sugar to give a sweet aftertaste. This drink is especially made with Sparkling Wine. Ginger Champagne is best served on special occasions and celebrations. Its sweet and spicy flavour will surely refresh your mind and leave you wanting more.
- This cocktail is made in two parts.
- First, take half a cup of water in a saucepan and add half a cup of finely chopped ginger to it.
- Add 2/3 cup of sugar to this mix and bring it to a boil on a simmer flame.
- Cook the ingredients, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of Maple Syrup.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take a shallow plate and add 2 teaspoons of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder to it.
- Rim the Champagne Flute with the made powder.
- Pour 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger and 1 Anise star in the rimmed glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the prepared syrup and 30ml Champagne to the glass.
- Garnish the mix with a mint sprig or a lime wedge.