240 ml Four Seasons Wine
60 ml Simple Syrup
30 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
Claret Lemonade is a classic Wine Cocktail made by blending Red Wine, Lemon Juice and Sugar. This refreshing cocktail was made popular as a summer cooler by the English in the eighteenth century. The original lemony flavour of this drink can be altered by changing any of the ingredients.
Claret Lemonade is somewhat similar to Claret Punch, which was made by Jerry Thomas, a famous cocktail maker. Claret is another term for “Bordeaux”, which is associated with fine Wines. However, do not use well-aged wine in this concoction as Lemonade or Lemon Juice will alter its original flavour. Simple Syrup is used to sweeten this cocktail. Claret Lemonade is best served chilled without any ice. This refreshing, fruity mix is ideal for parties and will refresh your mind with its sweet and sour flavour.
- This cocktail is served shaken in a Wine Goblet.
- Take a Cocktail Shaker and fill it with 3 to 4 ice cubes.
- Pour the mentioned measures of Wine, Simple Syrup and Lemon Juice in the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously, until the concoction becomes red in colour.
- Strain and pour the drink into a chilled Wine Glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a lemon wheel or a lime wedge.
- Ice cubes can be added to keep the cocktail chilled for a longer time.