- 60ml Four Seasons Wine
- 40ml Orange Juice
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
Bishop Cocktail is a classic Wine cocktail made by blending Lemon Juice, Orange Juice and Red Wine. Large measures of fruit juices make this delightful concoction a fruity punch. The recipe of this amazing cocktail can be traced back to the Old Waldorf Astoria Bar Book, which presents two versions of this enticing drink – Rum based and Wine based. Burgundy was originally used to make this wine-based cocktail.
Bishop is made especially to beat the heat of summer. It is popular in the tropics as a sweet, fruity concoction. Some bartenders make this mix spicy by muddling cloves, cinnamon and other spices with fresh pieces of lemon or orange. A teaspoon of sugar is also added to make this drink slightly sweet. You can increase the quantity of orange juice to make this mix tangier. This refreshing cocktail is best served in a High Ball Glass filled with 2 or 3 ice cubes only.
- This drink is served shaken with ice cubes.
- Fill the Mixing Glass with 3 to 4 ice cubes and pour the mentioned measures of fruit juices and sugar into it.
- Shake the ingredients thoroughly, until the mix becomes golden orange in colour.
- Strain and pour the ingredients into a Highball Glass.
- Drop 2 ice cubes in the glass and pour Wine into the cocktail.
- Stir the ingredients, until the cocktail gets an orange hue.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wedge or a Maraschino Cherry.