- 1 measure Vodka
- Dash dry Vermouth
- Lime peel twist to garnish
Vodkatini is a popular Vodka Cocktail made by blending Vodka and Dry Vermouth. It is also called the Kangaroo Cocktail or Vodka Martini. The base spirit of a Martini, which is Gin, is replaced by Vodka to make this refreshing mix. This straight-up drink is served in a Martini Glass and is garnished with an olive. Some bartenders also use a lemon peel as a garnish.
This cocktail first hit bars in the 1860s, when a bartender named Jerry Thomas, working at the Occidental Hotel in San Francisco, used Vodka to make a Martini. This drink was made popular by famous action superspy James Bond in the 1962 Movie “Dr. No”. This drink is always consumed when icy cold. Bartenders use pitted Olives as a garnish and to add a tart aftertaste to this refreshing concoction.
- This cocktail is served shaken and chilled in a Martini Glass.
- Take a Cocktail Shaker and fill it with lots of ice.
- Pour the mentioned quantities of Vodka and Dry Vermouth into the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients thoroughly, until the shaker becomes frosted from the outside.
- Strain and pour the mix into a chilled Martini Glass.
- Garnish the mix with a Pitted Cocktail Olive.
- You can also use a lemon peel as a garnish.