- 1 part melon liqueur, iced
- ½ part lime juice, chilled
- ½ part vodka, iced
- ½ part white rum, iced
The Awol is an amazing Vodka Cocktail made by blending Melon Liqueur, Lime Juice, Vodka and White Rum. This fruity concoction is popular in many tropical restaurants and bars around the world. Melon Liqueur is used to add a melon-like, sweet flavour to this cocktail. This liqueur also adds a bright green colour to the mix.
Lime juice is added to make this cocktail slightly tart. Lime wedges are also used as a garnish to add a sour aftertaste to the mix. Several variants of the Awol are made by replacing Vodka and White Rum with Scotch and Orange Curacao. Some bartenders also add Amaretto Almond Liqueur to give a sweet, almond-like flavour to this concoction. This cocktail is served in a Martini Glass with ice cubes. Lemon wedges and fruit pieces can be used to garnish this amazing drink.
- This tropical cocktail is served chilled in a Martini Glass.
- Take a Cocktail Shaker and fill it with lots of ice and pour the mentioned quantities of Melon Liqueur, Lime Juice, Vodka and White Rum into it.
- Stir the ingredients vigorously, until the mix becomes light green in colour.
- Strain and pour the mix into a chilled Martini Glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with lime wedges and cherries.