- 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 180 ml Orange Juice
- Slice of Orange
All orange and lots of Vodka; this is what the modern day Screwdriver Cocktail is all about. It is one of the simplest cocktails available all over the world. This cocktail is a popular Highball drink that is known to delight the taste buds, with its sweet and tangy flavour.
The first Screwdriver was prepared accidentally by a few American engineers working on the oil fields in the Middle East. The story goes that one of the Americans used a screw-driver to mix the Vodka and Orange juice together, giving the drink its uncommon name. This cocktail was originally referred as ‘Yankee Concoction’. It is a refreshing drink packed with lots of Vitamin C and the mild intoxication of Vodka. This cocktail has featured on the menus of numerous pubs, disco, and restaurants around the world and is a preferred choice of partygoers.
- This is a built-up drink made directly in the glass itself.
- Add 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka in a tall glass. Later, add approximately 180 ml of Orange Juice to it.
- Ice is added after the Orange Juice.
- The mix is stirred using a stirrer and then garnished with a slice of orange.
- To introduce a sour, lemony taste, you can squeeze lemon over the mix.
- Avoid putting lots of ice as it will dilute the vodka and spoil the taste of Orange juice.
- Some bartenders also prefer to use Martini Glass, Champagne Flute, or Highball Glass.