- 45 ml Vodka
- 90 ml Grapefruit Juice
Salty Dog is popular Gin cocktail that blends Gin and Grapefruit Juice. This mix is specifically served in a Highball Glass rimmed with salt. The Glass is rimmed to give a salty aftertaste to this fruity mix. Greyhound is a popular variant of this drink, which is served without the salt.
Salty Dog is historically a Gin Cocktail however, some bartenders around the world use Vodka as the base spirit. Angostura Bitters or Peach Bitters can be added to make the concoction slightly bitter. This drink is perfect for people who love Grapefruit Juice and will tantalize the taste buds with its salty and fruity flavours. Some bartenders make this drink slightly sour by rubbing the rim of the glass with a lemon, before rimming it with salt.
- This is a built-up cocktail served stirred in a Highball Glass.
- Take a Highball Glass, rub the rim with a lime wedge and coat it with salt.
- Fill the glass up to the brimwith ice cubes.
- Pour the mentioned quantities of Vodka and Grapefruit Juice into the glass.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly and garnish the mix with a Maraschino Cherry.
- You can also add a teaspoon of fine powdered sugar to the drink to sweeten it.