- 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 10 ml Lime Juice
- Cracked ice
- Ginger beer
- Lime slice for decoration
Moscow Mule is a classic Russian cocktail made by blending Vodka and Ginger Beer. The original recipe was served in a Copper Mug filled with ice. During the 1940s, Vodka was not popular outside of Russia and Central Europe. After purchasing a popular Vodka, John Martin of G.F. Heublein and Bros. started to promote this colourless spirit outside of Europe by using the Moscow Mule.
John Martin and Jack Morgan, the owners of the classic English pub ‘Cock n Bull’ located on Hollywood’s Sunset Strip, invented this cocktail. This is one of the Vodka cocktails, which leaves a gingery aftertaste. This delicious cocktail is a built-up concoction and is popular as a sipper. Popular stars like Woody Allen have promoted this concoction and its original recipe can be found in the old issues of Playboy Magazine as well.
- This drink is either served built-up or shaken.
- Fill the Cocktail Shaker with lots of ice and add 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka and 10 ml Lime juice to it.
- Shake the mix rigorously, until the outside of the shaker becomes frosted.
- Strain and pour the mix into a Highball Glass filled with cracked ice up to the brim.
- Top up the mix with Ginger Beer and stir the ingredients well.
- Garnish the cocktail with herbs, sprigs and a slice of lime.