- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- Cracked ice
- ½ part vodka
- ½ part framboise
- ½ part cranberry juice
- ½ part orange juice
Metropolitan Vodka Cocktail is one of the popular Vodka Cocktails cherished by city dwellers all over the world. It is a close cousin of the famous Cosmopolitan, which has left many spellbound. This magnificent drink came into existence around 1993 in New York City. Chuck Coggins at Marion’s Continental Restaurant & Lounge made the first Metropolitan.
Metropolitan requires flavoured Vodka to preserve the sour and sweet taste. This cocktail is popular as a fruity blend that sees a combination of Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice along with Framboise or Raspberry Juice. To get a sweet aftertaste, the glass is usually rimmed with caster sugar. This refreshing drink is available at several bars and beach restaurants around the world. The signature raspberry flavour offered by this cocktail has tantalized the taste buds of millions.
- This fruity mix is best served chilled.
- Fill the shaker with lots of cracked ice and then pour the mentioned quantities of Vodka, Framboise, Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice in it.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker appears misted.
- Rub the rim of a glass with a lemon wedge and then dip it in powdered Caster Sugar.
- Strain and pour the drink intothe rimmed glass.
- Cracked Ice is used to chill the drink faster