- 50 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 15 ml Triple Sec
- 15 ml Lime Juice
Hailing from Japan, this neo-classic Vodka Cocktail delivers a powerful inebriating effect that can make many weak at the knees. History says that this straight-up cocktail was created around 1974 by a bartender in Boston. After blending together Vodka, Triple Sec and Lime juice, he happened to serve this cocktail in a beer mug to Boston’s Marathon spectators and runners. A few years later, Smirnoff showcased this drink in their advertisement, and named it ‘Kamikaze’.
Traditionally made with equal parts of Vodka, Triple Sec and Lime Juice, this cocktail offers a slightly sweetish tangerine flavour with a burning after taste.Several variants of this mix have been invented by replacing the traditional sweetener, Triple Secwith Curacao or other sweeter spirits. Concocted to be a shooter; the Kamikaze is also served in Martini Glass for sipping serenely. Due to its quickintoxicating effect, it is highly popular among party goers, and tops the cocktaillist of many modern bars around the world.
- This is a straight up drink served in a Shot Glass, instead of a stemmed glass.
- Fill the shaker with 3-4 ice cubes and pour 50ml Smirnoff, 15ml Triple Sec and 15ml Lime Juice in it.
- Shake the mix rigorously for a minute or two.
- Strain and pour the mix in a Shot Glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a slice of lemon.
- Some bartenders serve this cocktail in a Martini Glass and garnish it by sticking a lemon wedge on the rim.
- For a sweet and salty after-taste, bartenders are also known to rim the glass with salt and sugar powder.