- 45 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 3-4 lime wedges
- 8-10 mint leaves
- Cranberry Juice to top up
- Crushed Ice
Hot Rod is a classic Vodka Cocktail made to beat the warm summers. This refreshing concoction is made by blending Vodka and Cranberry Juice. Lime wedges and mint leaves are muddled together to give a minty sour flavour to the mix. A dash of cranberry juice is known to enhance the tartaric flavour of Hot Rod.
Unlike most of the other cocktails, this drink is directly made in the glass. This cocktail is served in a chilled Shot Glass or an Old Fashioned Glass. You can also use a High Ball glass to serve this cocktail as a tipple. Some bartenders prefer to muddle strawberries with mint to give a feminine appeal to the drink. Fresh pieces of pineapple can also be added to this fruity mix to give it a sweet flavour. Serve the mix with a lot of ice and sip it serenely to refresh your mind with its tangy flavour.
- This is a straight-up drink made directly in the glass.
- Take 3 to 4 mint leaves and lime wedges and muddle them thoroughly in an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and then pour Vodka over it.
- Top up the drink with Cranberry Juice and stir the mix briskly.
- To garnish, stick a lime wedge on the rim and decorate the drink by dropping a cocktail umbrella in it.
- Fresh pieces of pineapple can also be used to garnish this drink.