- 30 ml Vodka
- 10 ml Black Raspberry liqueur
- Lemon twist for garnish
Inspired by Natalie Portman’s blockbuster movie ‘Black Swan’, this cocktail presents a perfect blend of sinister and sensuality. Also called as ‘The Twisted Swan’, this tangy cocktail was first created during the Oscars Season of 2011. The original recipe encourages the use of Tequila due to its colourless nature. However, the smoother variants prefer using vodka as the base spirit.
Popular as a dessert drink, this cocktail presents a fruity flavour of raspberry intertwined with the inebriating spirit of Vodka. Black Swan eloquently speaks about perfection engulfed with elegance, the diabolical nature showcased by the movie’s protagonist. Unlike other cocktails, you are expected to sip this enticing drink placidly.
- This cocktail is served shaken, not stirred.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 3 to 4 ice cubes or crushed ice.
- Carefully pour the stated quantity of Vodka and Raspberry liqueur in the shaker, and mix the ingredients rigorously for about 3 minutes.
- Raspberry liqueur takes time to blend well with other spirits. So, shake the ingredients thoroughly, until you get a uniform, light pink colour.
- Strain and pour the mix carefully in a chilled Cocktail or Martini glass.
- If Black Raspberry Liqueur is not available, then you can also use 20 ml Raspberry juice along with 45 ml Vodka.
- Garnish the drink by sticking a lemon wedge on the rim of glass or by dropping a piece of fresh raspberry in it.