- 3 measures vodka
- 1 tsp sweet vermouth
- 1/2 tsp pernod
- 1/2 measure dry sherry
- Lemon peel twist, to decorate
Barbed Wire is a classic cocktail, which is cherished for its sophisticated flavours. It is one of the popular Vodka cocktails, which is known to give an electrifying after taste with just a few sips. To get the right blend of sweet and sour, the base spirit Vodka is mixed with sweet Vermouth and well-aged Sherry. Sherry is known to add a unique golden brown colour to this mix.
Bartenders around the world add anise-flavoured Pernod to get this drink’s signature taste. To make the cocktail more electrifying, some bartenders also use Raspberry Liqueuror Chambord instead of Pernod. This is one of those cocktails which require a vigorous shake to mix the spirits well. Served in a chilled Martini Glass, this classic drink is available at many traditional bars and restaurants around the world.
- This Vodka based cocktail is served shaken.
- Fill a Cocktail Shaker with lots of ice and then add 90ml Vodka, 15ml Dry Sherry, a teaspoon of Sweet Vermouth and half a teaspoon of Pernod to it.
- Shake the mix vigorously until the outside of the shaker become frosted.
- Strain and pour the cocktail into a chilled Martini Glass.
- Cracked ice will chill the drink faster.
- A peel of lemon can be added to the glass to decorate the cocktail.