- Cracked ice
- Dash Orange bitters
- 20 ml Black Dog Centenary Scotch Whiskey
- 10 ml triple sec
- 20 ml Lillet
- Orange wedge to decorate
Wedding Bells is a traditional cocktail made especially for special occasions like marriages or engagement parties. This refreshing drink is a fine blend of Scotch, Triple Sec and Lillet. The original mix was prepared using Dubonet Rouge, Gin and Cherry Brandy. Orange Juice and Bitters were added to give it a fruity flavour.
This cocktail is a refreshing drink and is not too strong. Since Lillet is used to give a sour flavour to the mix, Wedding Bells is served chilled. A dash of Orange bitters makes the drink tangy and refreshing. Some bartenders around the world prefer to use Dubbonet French Vermouth as the base spirit. To make the drink even more fruity and delightful, you can add orange juice to it. This smooth Scotch cocktail will surely tantalize your taste buds with its tangerine flavour.
- This is a classic cocktail served stirred.
- Pour lots of cracked ice into a Mixing Glass and add a dash of Orange Bitters to it.
- Gently pour the mentioned quantities of Scotch, Triple Sec and Lillet into the shaker.
- Stir the mix briskly, until the shaker becomes misted from the outside.
- Strain and pour the mix into a chilled Cocktail Glass.
- Garnish the drink with an Orange wedge and drop a straw in it.
- You can also drop cracked ice in the cocktail to keepit chilled.