- Cracked ice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 30 ml Black Dog Scotch Whiskey
- 10 sweet vermouth
Thistle is a classic Scotch cocktail that blends well-aged Scotch and Vermouth together. The Vermouth is used to alleviate the smoky flavour of the Scotch. When these two spirits are mixed together, you get a smooth concoction that leaves a tingly aftertaste. This cocktail has been named after a thorny plant, which is also the floral emblem of Scotland. Thistle is a perfect blend of rich premium Scotchthat tastes just amazing.
Some bartenders prefer adding Angostura Bitters to the drink to give it a sweet herbal flavour. You can replace Vermouth with other sweet liqueurs like Bols Cacao White. Since the serving is small, you can serve Thistle in a chilled Shot glass or an Old Fashioned Glass, with or without ice. You can use a Maraschino Cherry as garnish while serving this concoction in a Martini Glass.
- This is a classic cocktail served stirred in an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Put lots of cracked ice in a mixing glass and pour 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters into it.
- Pour the mentioned quantities of Scotch and sweet Vermouth into the mix.
- Stir the mix vigorously, until the outer surface of the Mixing Glass becomes frosted.
- Strain and Pour the mix into a chilled Shot Glass or an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Cracked ice is used to chill the drink faster.