- 1 measure Whiskey
- 1 measure Dry Vermouth
- 3 dashes Green Chartreuse
- 3 dashes crème de menthe
- Cracked ice
Shamrock is a classic cocktail created especially to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This bright green mix is popular as a refreshing sipper to beat the heat during summer. This fruity mix was originally made using Irish Whiskey. Bartenders around the world add Crème de Menthe to the mix to get a contrasting sweet flavour that can be savoured.
This ingredient not only blends the Vermouth and Whiskey, but also offers the signature minty taste to the cocktail. Some bartenders use Cranberry Juice to give a sour flavour to the mix. A teaspoon of sugar can also be added to sweeten the drink. Shamrock is easy to make and bartenders have created several variants of it using different base spirits and fruit juices. This iconic St. Patrick’s Day’s drink has delighted thousands of Irish andNon-Irish people living across the globe.
- This drink is served stirred or boxed.
- Fill the Cocktail shaker with lots of cracked ice and then add the mentioned quantities of Whisky, Dry Vermouth, Green Chartreuse and Crème de Menthe to it.
- Stir the ingredients together until the outside of the shaker becomes misty.
- Strain and pour the mix into a Chilled Margarita or Martini Glass.
- Some bartenders rim the glass with powdered sugar or salt, and garnish the drink with a wedge of lime.
- Green Chartreuse gives a signature taste to this mix.