- 30ml Black Dog Centenary Scotch Whisky
- 15ml Drambuie
- 1 lemon twist
Rusty Nail is one of the most popular Scotch Cocktails of all time. This amazing drink is made by blending Scotch and Drambuie in an Old Fashioned Glass. Well-aged Scotch is used to make this sweet and smoky drink. The smoky flavour of Scotch is reduced by adding Drambuie to the mix. Drambuie makes the concoction slightly sweeter and adds herbal overtones to it.
Several variants of Rusty Nail are served at different bars and restaurants, around the world and various well-aged liqueurs are used as the base spirit. You are required to serve this mix with lots of ice. The shaken version of this cocktail is served in a Stemmed Glass or a Martini Glass.
Straight Up Nail is the neat version of this concoction served without ice and garnish.
- This cocktail is served built-up and stirred in an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Pour lots of ice into theglass and add 30ml Scotch to it.
- Stir the Scotch well with the ice and pour 15ml Drambuie into it.
- Stir the mix thoroughly and garnish it with a lemon twist.
- You can use cracked ice to keep this drink chilled for a longer time.
- Well-aged Whisky, Brandy or Rum can be used instead of Scotch.