- 60 ml Signature Whiskey
- 40 ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- Orange Peel Strip to Garnish
Miami Beach is a tropical cocktail made to beat the heat of the warm sun. There are several variants of this marvellous mix available around the world. Hailing from the tropics, this cocktail will surely leave you refreshed.
Fresh Grapefruit Juice or Orange Juice is particularly used in Miami Beach to preserve the tangy flavour. This shaken mix of Ice, Scotch and Grapefruit Juice is known to produce a slightly sour taste when served fresh. The Grapefruit Juice is known to give a light orange or tangerine colour to the mix. A slice of Orange or Maraschino berry is generally used to garnish this cocktail. This drink is ideal for beach or pool-side parties.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with lots of ice.
- Add the mentioned quantities of Scotch and Grape Fruit Juice over the ice cubes.
- To get a uniform mix, shake the mix rigorously until the shaker becomes frosted.
- Serve the mix in a chilled Collins Glass with the ice.
- While using a Martini Glass, strain the mix before serving.
- Crushed Ice is not recommended as it will melt fast and dilute the spirit.
- Stick an Orange Peel over the rim to give a marvellous look to this cocktail.
- To alter the smoky taste of the Scotch, some bartenders also use Orange Curacao or Triple Sec with Grapefruit Juice.