- 40 ml Black Dog Centenary Scotch Whisky
- 10 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Sugar to taste
- Lime peel strip to decorate
Commodore is a classic cocktail made by blending Scotch, Lime Juice, Orange Bitters and Sugar. Well-aged Scotch is used to make this fruity mixand a little lime juice is added to alleviate the smoky flavour. Orange Bitters add a slightly spicy flavour to the cocktail, while a teaspoon of sugar is added to sweeten the drink.
Some bartenders prefer to use Rye Whisky instead of Scotch. The original recipe of this delicious cocktail comes from the Old Waldorf-Astoria Bar Book and uses white rum as the base spirit. To add a tangy taste, Chambord or Raspberry Liqueur is used. You can skip the sugar and add an extra dash of lime juice to make the mix tart. Several variants of this delicious cocktail are available in bars around the world. . Commodore is ideal to beat the warm summer and is found readily in tropical bars and sea-side clubs.
- This delicious cocktail is served shaken.
- Fill a Cocktail shaker with lots of ice and add all the four ingredients to it.
- Shake the mix vigorously, until the outside of the shaker becomes frosted.
- Strain and pour the mix into an Old Fashioned Glass or Martini Glass.
- You can top the drink with crushed ice.
- Garnish the mix with a peel of lime.
- You can also use herbs or sprigs as a garnish.