- 60 ml Scotch Whisky
- 30 ml Cherry Brandy
- 30 ml Dry Vermouth
- 10 ml Lemonade
Ceasefire is one of the classic Scotch cocktails, which is known for its calming effects. Made with aged Scotch and Brandy, this blend leaves a smoky bitter aftertaste. To lessen the smoky flavour, Cherry Brandy and Dry Vermouth are used. A dash of lime juice adds a slightly tangy flavour to the mix.
Both the spirits used in this mix are easily bendable and seldom require a vigorous shake. You are expected to use a chilled Martini Glass or Margarita Glass to serve this tranquilizing mix. Known for its refreshing and calming effects, Ceasefire exhibits the perfect hand-shakebetween the smooth Monarchical Scotch and brusque Colonial Brandy. This cocktail is popular as an After-Nine drink and is available at several ports or classic bars around the world.
- This drink is served shaken in a chilled Martini Glass.
- Fill the shaker with lots of ice and then pour the mentioned amounts of Scotch, Brandy and Vermouth in it.
- Shake the mix adequately until you get a uniform golden colour.
- Strain and serve the blend in a chilled Martini Glass.
- Garnish the cocktail by sliding a piece of lime on the rim and by dropping a cocktail umbrella in the Glass.
- Some bartenders prefer to rim the Glass with salt.
- Fine powdered sugar with common salt can also be used to rim the Glass.
- As the serving is large, some bartenders also use a Margarita Glass.