- 60ml Black Dog Centenary Scotch Whisky
- 30ml part Coffee Liqueur
- Soda water
Black Watch is a classic Scotch Highball made by blending Scotch, Kahlua and Soda. You can use different coffee liqueurs to make this delicious mix. To alleviate the smoky flavour to Scotch, Kahlua is added to the mix. This coffee liqueur also adds a unique coffee-like bitter taste to this drink.
Bartenders top up this drink with Soda to make it fizzy. Some variants of this amazing cocktail also include flavouring spirits like Triple Sec. Lumps of ice, instead of ice cubes, are used to make Black Watch. This fizzy concoction is generally served in a Highball Glass, with or without ice. You can also serve this cocktail as a layered drink and garnish it lime wedge.
- This cocktail is served stirred or built-up in a Highball Glass.
- Take a Cocktail Shaker and fill it with several lumps of ice.
- Pour 60ml Scotch and 30ml Coffee Liqueur into the Shaker.
- Shake the ingredients thoroughly, until both the spirits blend together.
- Strain and pour the mix into a Highball Glass.
- Top up the drink with a dash of Soda and garnish it with a lime wedge and mint sprigs.
- You can also drop a stirrer and a straw into this delicious mix.