- 30 ml gin
- 30 ml sweet vermouth
- 30 ml orange juice
Orange Blossom is a classic Gin Cocktail made by blending Gin, Sweet Vermouth and Orange Juice. The Old Waldorf Astoria Bar Book states that there are two variants of this tangy concoction. The first variant was made in 1935 by a certain bridegroom, who was looking for an exclusive drink for his stag party. He added Orange Juice and Gin to Sweet Vermouth and made the first Orange Blossom.
The second variant of this delicious mix was made directly in an Old Fashioned Glass or Highball Glass by skipping the Sweet Vermouth. This amazing cocktail is served shaken or stirred in a Martini Glass, with or without cracked ice. This Gin based cocktail is similar to the Vodka-based Screwdriver and is served at several bars and restaurants around the world.
- This cocktail is served stirred with cracked ice.
- Take a Mixing Glass or Cocktail Shaker and pour lots of cracked ice into it.
- Pour the mentioned quantities of Gin, Sweet Vermouth and Orange Juice into the shaker and stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Strain and pour the mixture into a chilled Martini Glass.
- Garnish the mix with an Orange Slice.
- You can add cracked ice to the cocktail to keep it chilled for a longer time.
- For a larger serving, a Highball Glass is recommended.