Cool it by the Pool - Best Summer Cocktails to savour this season
With temperatures soaring high and humdrum getting the better of you the one thing that doesn’t desert the wilderness, is a thought – envision sitting in the oasis of the classily high-toned hospitality soaking up the cool by the poolside and sipping concoctions that are neither prosaic nor flamboyant – they are simply honest to innovation!
Have a look at the recipes of a few signature cocktails, using premium DIAGEO’s brands, served by the crowned bars of the swank hotels in Delhi/NCR: Savor it by the pool side within the luxurious environs of the hotels or just make your own – do as you like but beat the heat rather tastefully.
1. 1911 BAR, IMPERIAL
Frozen Mint Margarita
Enjoy this delectable fresh concoction by the Imperial. Mint leaves, crushed ice and lemon juice swirl in the sparkle, perfect to hydrate oneself on a sun-drenched day. The sweetness of Ciroc will just make it better. Good for crazy pool parties.
- 4 chopped mint leaves
- 4 crushed mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 100ml crushed ice
- 45 ml Ciroc
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 15ml triple sec
- At the bottom of a large pitcher, crush together mint and salt, pressing them with the back of a wooden spoon
- Add ice, vodka, lime juice and triple sec, stirring vigorously.
- Serve in a short tumbler or a wine glass.
2. TEASE, VIVANTA BY TAJ, GURGAON
The goodness of lemon, peach, apple and honey pack in this ultimate cooler by Vivanta By Taj. As the name suggests, this tipple is going to rocket you to soothing heights – quite needed to deal with the sweltering sun. A good drink for a girls’ soiree by the waterside!
- 60 ml Ciroc Vodka
- Lemon grass to taste
- 5 ml Peach Puree
- 15 ml Apple Juice
- Honey Syrup to taste
- 5 ml Lime juice
- Muddle lemon grass
- Pour some honey syrup, peach puree, apple juice and vodka in a shaker
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour out the mixture in a martini glass and serve with mint leaves and lemon grass for presentation and kick.
Serve it a modern Rocks Glass for impact
3. LONGITUDE, LE MERIDIEN GURGAON
Get ready to quench your thirst and elevate to high spirits with this innovative potion by Le Meridien, Gurgaon - this strongly potent drink is packed with piquant sourness, apt for a sundowner overlooking the serene waters.
- 60 ml Black Dog
- 10 Pineapple chunks
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml sugar syrup
- 2 basil leaves
- Blend all ingredients with ice
- And pour in a margarita glass
- Blend all ingredients with ice and pour in a margarita glass.
Serve it in a tall glass and enjoy the intoxication.
4. STORY, WESTIN GURGAON
Just incase you’re a little extra lucky, you’d not want to stop at just one. The beautifully stirred drink with an undercurrent of vanilla is pleasantly concocted by Westin Gurgaon – sweet and sour tang tingle your palette to keep it going for the night.
- 50 ml Ciroc
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 25 ml Vanilla Syrup
- 10 ml Olive Oil
- 3 Strawberry
- 40 ml Soda top up
- Muddle strawberry and shake out rest of the ingredients, except soda. Shake hard with lots of ice.
- Single strain in with lots of ice and top up with soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Served in a hi-ball glass, this drink looks ravishing.
5. THE LONG BAR, HYATT REGENCY GURGAON
Let the fumes of inebriety elevate you – this smooth cocktail is customized by skillful hands at the Hyatt Regency, Gurgaon to give you a good time. Best for a sociable get-together by the waters!
- 30 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 15 ml Single Malt Whisky(Smoky)
- 15 ml Dry Vermouth
- Stir well in a shaker all ingredients with ice and serve
- Garnish with Smoked mozzarella stuffed green olives
Serve it in a chilled Cocktail Glass.