Valentine's Day is just about three weeks away – and romance is already in the air! If you really want to pull all stops to impress your loved one, look no further. Here is a lovely array of special cocktails you can make for the occasion, whether you are planning an intimate dinner at home or just a quiet drink together before heading out. These cocktails are delicious, easy to make and extremely romantic – your loved one is going to be super impressed! This is also a great idea if you don’t quite know how to make Valentine’s Day special and want to do something unique.
1. Passion Martini: What better than this unique passion fruit and mango concoction to get the sparks flying! Mix together Ketel One Vodka with mango and passion fruit juice. Add a splash of sweet and sour (the secret twist in this recipe) for a cocktail that’s unexpected and exciting! Serve in a martini glass with fruit garnishing.
2. Figgy Sparkler: If you’re looking for a cocktail that brings in the bubbly, look no further. The simple recipe pairs a splash of Smirnoff Vodka with your favourite sparkling wine or champagne and gives it a neat twist by adding infused figs and cranberry juice. It’s a unique combination, and your loved one is going to love it.
3. Red Lotus: Fun fact: Lychee is a lesser-known aphrodisiac and it doesn't’t hurt that it can make quite a presence in cocktails. To make this highball cocktail, pick some Ketel One Vodka and mix it with lychee liqueur and cranberry juice. Garnish with fresh lychee. And just like that, say cheers!
4. Rhubarb & Rose: Speaking of unique cocktail combinations, here is one more. This gin based cocktail will showcase your neat cocktail making skills – without causing you too much effort. Muddle two slices of cucumber with lime, sugar syrup and two dashes of rhubarb bitters. Mix it with Tanqueray Gin and top the concoction with a dash of rose water. We guarantee that this cocktail will be unlike anything you’ve ever had before!
5. It’s a Match: Like its name suggests, this cocktail is perfect for a Valentine’s Day celebration. To make this delicious drink, mix Ketel One Citroen Vodka with two muddled strawberries, two torn leaves of basil, one jalapeño disk, lemon juice and syrup. Shake the ingredients with ice and garnish with a basil leaf.
6. Forbidden Love: If you prefer, you could use its untranslated name ‘Amore Vietato’ instead. To make this cocktail, muddle Tanqueray Gin with blood orange juice, fruit and syrup. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with strawberry, cucumber spiral and orange peel hearts.
7. Chocolate Margarita: Gifting chocolate is a Valentine’s Day convention that has been done to death – take it up a few notches this V-Day by mixing a Chocolate Margarita. Who can resist this delicious treat that masquerades as a cocktail? All you need is some chocolate milk, Tequila and strawberry puree or daiquiri mix. Combine the ingredients in a tall glass and garnish with a chocolate covered strawberry.
8. The White Russian: The White Russian was featured in the 1998 classic movie, The Big Lebowski, which gave the drink its cool status. Mix up some Ketel One Vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream served with ice in an Old Fashioned glass. A dash of some indulgent Baileys adds a sophisticated twist to this true cocktail classic.
Good luck - cheers to a fantastic Valentine's Day celebration. And if you're still up for a challenge after this post, check out this list of boozy desserts to end your V-Day on a sweet note.
LiveInStyle.com encourages you to drink responsibly
Photo credits: townandcountrymag.com, cosmopolitan.com, cookswithcocktails.com, ayzanyc.com, huffingtonpost, hauteliving.com