7 Best Beaches of South East Asia (You Must Visit!)
I love the beach – the sun-kissed sand, the endless sea with its gentle waves, generous doses of sunshine and a relaxed mood everywhere, what’s there not to love! Slap on your sunscreen and grab those beach flip-flops as we list South East Asia’s favourite beach destinations.
1. Bintan – Batam, Indonesia: The twin beaches of Bintan and Batam are a favourite among those living in Singapore, since they are just a ferry ride away from the city. Whether you are seeking ultra-luxury or wild partying, there is someone for everyone. The tourist-friendly Bintan Resorts section of the island (jokingly referred to as a Singaporean outpost) allows you to relax in carefully manicured surroundings. Head to Indonesia’s Batam Island, known for its wild partying and eclectic vibe for a weekend to remember.
2. Tioman Island, Malaysia: Meanwhile in nearby Malaysia, something very different is up on offer. With rolling green landscapes and virgin beaches, Malaysia’s Tioman Island is paradise. Tioman’s beach coast is divided into North and South by a small rocky hill. North Beach is popular with tourists, bustling with shops, bars and tiny cafes, while South Beach is perfect for those seeking peace and solitude. Sounds a bit like North and South Goa, doesn’t it?
3. Bali, Indonesia: Bali is on most people’s bucket list, and rightfully so! Bali offers a perfect cocktail of culture, parties, adventure and beaches against a backdrop of natural beauty. Culture junkies will enjoy touring the island’s many temples, with their towering pagoda-shaped roofs with multiple tiers. Adrenalin junkies can trek to the top of Mt. Batur, an active volcano situated in North Bali. The party animals will be spoiled for choice as best clubs are mostly spread throughout its southern regions of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, and several spots around Bukit.
4. Phuket, Thailand: Thailand’s Phuket has become a regular stopover for those wanting to enjoy the sand, sea and surf. From quiet, untouched beaches to beaches bursting with a carnival-like atmosphere, Phuket has it all. Patong Beach is famous for its wild nightlife, while Banana Beach is home to rainforest birds and other wildlife. Nai Han Beach located in Southern Phuket is perfect to enjoy a quiet, cozy sunset.
5. Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand: It is not only the white sand beaches, picturesque fishing villages and marine adventures that bring tourists to Koh Pha Ngan. This Thai island is best known as for its infamous Full Moon Parties – Haad Rin beach is converted into a swinging, dancing blur of decadence and merriment. With pulsing music, guests from all over the world, fire eating, flashing lights and sand below your feet, this is one heck of a party!
6. Mui Ne, Vietnam: This extremely unexplored beach in South Vietnam (near Ho Chi Minh City) is perfect for travelers looking for a relaxed, cosy holiday. Do visit the Sand Dunes, a short drive from the town. Slide down the dunes if you’re up for an adventure, else admire the coastal view from your sandy vantage point. Don’t miss the sunset from the dunes! The Mui Ne fishing harbour is a delightful place – Watch the bay with hundreds of colourful boats happily bobbing
7. Boracay, Philippines: The beautiful island of Boracay is popular with travellers for its serene sights and sweeping beaches – and yes, white sand! A rite of passage for those looking to experience the best beaches of South East Asia.
Picture credits: Agoda, 365TravelAsia, Cuti, Zeenrooms
LiveInStyle.com encourages you to enjoy responsibly!