Sunburn vs Supersonic: War of the Best EDM Festivals
India's biggest Music festivals have left a mark on the Global radar for the best in electronic dance music. Embarked upon by Sunburn, taking the concept by storm, the perfect beach-side haven of Goa is pervious to this fete.
Along came Supersonic, following the well-known split up of Percept (taking over Sunburn) and Live Viacomm18 (heading Supersonic), which has led off a War between two world-class music festivals that occur during the exact same time and location, a mere ten kilometers apart, with each touting the best of artists on-board. While good music is certainly the utmost reason of choice, we have identified a comparative list that would help choose amongst the two events (or maybe throw you into a deeper dilemma):
1. Venue - Supersonic won the Candolim venue where the original Sunburn event commenced its tradition, forcing Sunburn to move to Vagator, about 11km from the crowd-packed Candolim beach. Candolim's beach-side venue makes it soft on the feet, whereas Vagator's venue although hard ground, offers landscape levels with great views off the cliff.
2. Dates - Sunburn has been a 3 day tradition for the last 8 years, but with the advent of Supersonic's 4 day ritual, Sunburn, alongside Supersonic, will also reign from the 27th to the 30th of December this 2015.
3. Cost – While Sunburn's 4-day pass costs Rs.11,379, VH1 Supersonic’s 4-day pass costs only Rs 6919 (as phase 1). Day passes for Sunburn from 27th to 30th are Rs 2,861 (Day 1 or Day2) and Rs. 3,446 (Day 3 or Day4). Day passes for Supersonic on the other hand range approximately between Rs 1,000 (Day1) to Rs 2000 (Day 2 or Day3) and Rs. 3000 (Day4)
4. Lineup - The 8th season saw ecstatic crowds entertained by superstar DJs including Axwell, Ingrosso, Hardwell, Martin Garrix, Afrojack, Knife Party, Sander Van Doorn, Krewella, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and many more artists.
Supersonic's 2014 lineup had Above and Beyond leading the line along with other hotshot Dj's such as Paul Van Dyk, The Chainsmokers, Dhillon Francis, Mat Zo and Funkagenda.
5. Entertainment - Sunburn additionally offers a range of adrenaline powered activities such as bunjee jumping, volleyball, zorbing and even riding an electronic bull alongside 5 bewitching stages playing versatile dance music along with multiple food and beverage options. Supersonic specifically targets providing Goan experiences such as art installations, beach sports, professional graffiti artists, chill zones and the very finest of Goan cuisine.
6. Crowd - 2014 marked Sunburn's 8th successful year due to its vast popularity and insane line-up. Each monolithic stage-area gets crazy-packed hence don’t be surprised being herded around the Main arenas. On the contrary, Supersonic has only completed 2 years, with less intensified crowds. But that being said, the rise to fame and popularity is swift, making crowd prediction difficult.
Given December's cooler climates these two events have attracted crowds from around the world that flock to enjoy a music packed vacation. Each passing year is going to witness a new battle taken over by these music mammoths, but the war seems far from concluded. And while both companies put in their very best to heighten this battle, we enjoy the best in music India has to offer. So this December 2015, where will you find yourself grooving to the beat?
Image Credits: cdn.festivalsherpa.com , sunburn.in, goanewswire.files.wordpress.com, stylemag.in, make-your-own-beats.net, www.meraevents.com, EDMofy.com
More info about Sunburn Goa and EDM events detailed here
LiveInStyle.com encourages you to Party Responsibly!