Pull a Desi All-Nighter This Diwali
Stifling silence over the felt table filled with nothing but your own breathing, your poker face, swirling down that smoky hint of a bourbon whiskey with a plateful of grilled chicken skewers.
You show your hand and Voila! It’s a jackpot.
For those of you teen patti know-it-all’s, your dream is to host the ultimate all-nighter filled with nothing but cards, your boys, an intimate decor, amazing finger foods, good music with a great collection of some of the finest scotch and whiskey.
All you require are these magic ingredients and the host and the party shall forever be etched in our minds.
1. Decor: Turning your beautiful home into a coven of poker is not something you need to sweat on. Even a simple kitchen table would do. Just make sure to cover it with what makes the game night for what it is and you are good to go. Since its diwali, you would want to do something unique with the room lights so illuminate it with electric diyas, Chinese lamps and create your own little world of Vegas night and Casino Royale.
2. Music: It’s a boy’s night-out. Don’t hesitate to go playful and very James Bond with your choice. Sway away to glory with a mix of desi and western classics like Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, ABBA, Sheila Ki Jawani and Munni etc.
3. A good deal along with a fried meal is how we play: Stock up your house with nachos, chips, grilled food, spring rolls, kebabs and several other finger foods with dipping sauce and anything else you love to snack on.
4. Alcohol, cigars and etiquettes: This très combo would be responsible for what your game night would turn into. A bottle of Black Dog, some beer and may be some Cuban cigars allows you to let loose and enjoy all that merriment. Don’t get carried away and never gloat after your share of ‘winning hands’. Respect the Lady-luck at all times.
5. The ultimate bamboozle: At last, spice up your desi boys night. You don’t always need to play for the big bucks instead turn it into something intriguing and funky like a dare for a straight flush or a high card or drinks on the house by the one who loses.
Image credits- www.cakechooser.com