One Night of Hidden Faces
Planning a party is always a massive task. But planning a rocking New Year’s Eve party is a massive responsibility. This night is the highlight of the year gone by and the beginning of a New Year; it just cannot be a dud. So what can you do to spice things up? You can take a step back into the 15th century and think ‘Masquerade Party’. Also known as a Bal Masque, it is a formula that hasn’t failed in centuries. Only party that lets you keep your identities hidden and wear mysterious masks while mingling with unknown people, it defines suspense and drama, and above all, excitement.
So what do you do to ensure that your party is a soaring success?
1. Masquerade party ideas could range from the Bond theme, the vampire theme to something as bright as the fairy tale winter wonderland theme. Just remember, traditionally, men are supposed to wear formal suits and women long dresses only for any kind of masquerade party.
2. Set the tone by sending out innovative invites. Your invite itself could be a mask, mentioning the theme, the dress code, the event venue and other essential details. Most importantly, be sure to tell everyone to keep their identities a secret. After all, nothing could be more intriguing than pulling off a Great Gatsby.
3. For a Bal Masque, the décor is of utmost importance. Keep it light and glamorous. Decorate the venue with masks, ribbons and candles to reinforce the theme. You can also use colored drapes if the venue doesn’t support your theme of mystery and drama. Incorporate lights and music that will set the mood and your party theme on fire.
4. Heighten the atmosphere with some innovative cocktails, martinis and spice up everyone's evening with a good old mysterious ‘Swap your dance partner' game where everyone swaps their partners when the song changes. With every new dance partner, there is a chance to catch up with an old friend or to be introduced to someone new.
5. For food choices, you can either go the formal way or have a buffet for dinner. Keep in mind that this is a masked ball, do not serve anything that is difficult to eat or will require your guests to take off their masks.
An epic reason to become a part of a Masquerade Party is the level of confidence you gain behind that secret identity. With some light banter, harmless flirting and dancing with the strangers as you wait for the party to hit midnight, an extraordinary thrill starts coursing through your veins. And as the clock strikes 12, you and your guests get to throw off your mask finally meeting the person in front of you. At the end of all the dance and anticipation, who knows, may be you'll just end up with a date for your next big soirée.Image credit: Picture 1: mrwallpaper.com, Picture 2: en.wikipedia.org