How To Host An IPL Party
Nothing beats watching an IPL game at the stadium. But tickets are at premium rates and bars and pubs are often too crowded for you to really enjoy the matches. So what do you do then? You organize your own IPL viewing party of course!
If you have never organized a sport themed party before, don’t worry. Here’s a spiffy guide to help you turn your party into one big successful bash!
1. The Big Screen – If you have one of those big TVs then you are already sorted. But if you don’t have one, rent a projector and beam the match on an empty wall. Also make sure the sound system at your place is top notch as nothing beats the experience of surround sound.
2. Ambience – Turn your house into a really match-day hub complete with flags and banners of the competing finalists. Creating a good ambience is the key to enjoying the match. Also have some good music playing in the background. Prepare a playlist where you would want to turn up the music between innings and strategic timeouts.
A good mix of international chart toppers and Bolly hits should pump up the mood. Our recommended Playlist:
Another important thing is to make sure there is enough furniture for people to sit. So think of beanbags, floor cushions etc.
3. The culinary quotient – What’s a good match without some good food to munch on and beer to drink! This is really your time to shine. Depending on which team makes it to the final, you can have themed starters. For Mumbai, it can be vada pav sliders complete with caramelized onions and mayonnaise. Other good options to have as food are nachos, chicken wings with blue cheese dip etc. If you don’t feel up to the task of cooking, hire a home chef who can prepare and deliver the grub. Plus another advantage is that they are skilled in various cuisines and often come up with their own suggestions and tips on how the food can be done.
4. Spirits and more - As far as the drinks are concerned, make sure you have a well stocked bar. You don’t want to run out of alcohol do you? Whip up some cocktails in team colours and impress your friends.
Cocktail recipes: CSK - Creamy Screwdriver
MI - Blue Lagoon
RR - Glass Slipper
5. Place some friendly bets – Apart from engaging in banter with your friends, engage in some bets to see if they can really put their money where their mouth is. You can wager about when the first six will be hit, who will be the highest run scorer, total runs scored etc. The possibilities are endless. This lends an edge to the final and makes it that much more exciting.
6. Have a drinking game – This is the best part about game night with friends! Think of all the possible moments when you would be forced to drink you spirit. For eg – chug your beer each time a six is hit, have a shot every time the camera man shows a woman in the audience and…well you get the drift. Come up your own innovative drinking games and this could be party to remember.
So just grab a few beers, call your friends and get set cheer your favourite team in style!
Also use our Drink-Calculator tool to calculate the number of bottles needed
Have a whale of a time but remember to Live Responsibly!
Image Courtesy: Homeshop18.com