IMAGE COURTESY: imagecareercentre.blogspot.com
- Shoes matter. At the risk of generalizing, we will like you more if we like your shoes. On our own feet, anywhere else. Be sure that we will discreetly check out your shoes. Make sure they are shiny and well-polished, if nothing else. It helps if you invest in a pair of quality leather dress shoes.
- Keep your collar down. Upturned collars are very uncool. We will judge you.
IMAGE COURTESY: themysticgrill.wordpress.com
- Suit up! Nothing makes women swoon like a well-fitting, well-tailored suit. Carry it off with the necessary swagger and my, you will have us eating out of your hand!
- Don?t wear ugly socks. The devil is in the detail, really. Standard, simple socks that match either your shirt, tie or jacket are good. Awkward socks in strange colours are not.
IMAGE COURTESY: viralfashion.com
- We love a classic tie. We may laugh along when we see a fun tie, especially if it has one of our favourite cartoon characters on it, but we still prefer classic. So don?t try too hard on standing out and making a statement with your tie.
- Casual T-shirts (the ones with huge brand names printed across the front, for example) are a big no-no. Leave those for the college kids and man up instead, will you?
- Manage your facial hair. We have nothing against those beards and moustaches, but please ensure that they are well maintained. Please don?t use facial hair as an excuse to not be well groomed.
- Replace all your t-shirts with polo/ collared tees. Seriously recommended.
- Leave the frivolous trends for the teenagers. We?d really appreciate a man who is timelessly sophisticated?and dressed so. At least we know his dressing choices will never embarrass us in public.
10.Wear your watch proudly. Nothing spells wow like a good looking watch to complete your look. Invest in atleast one dress watch?or don?t wear a watch at all. Avoid the cheap knock-offs at all cost.