Delhi Daredeviled Eggs
So it's just another hectic day at work, I am short on time, I am short on ingredients, but “IPL chaloo hai Bhai, Saddi Dilli di match hai, ek special dish toh zaroori hai !!” My next recipe is special for Delhi Daredevils, and what better could I serve the devil other than Deviled Eggs. Super easy and super quick to make, all you need is some boiled eggs and it’s a piece of cake.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 deviled eggs.
2 tbsps. of mayonnaise
1 tbsp. of minced onions
1 green chilly, finely chopped
a pinch of garam masala powder
a pinch of red chili powder
a pinch of chaat masala
• To hard-boil the eggs, ensure the eggs are at room temperature. If you store them in a refrigerator remove them 30 mins before you boil them.
• I am sure we all have our ways to make a hard boiled egg. However, I will share with you the chefs way of boiling an egg like a pro.
• Put the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan, covered by at least an inch or 2 of cold water; gently bringing them to boiling point will help them prevent from getting cracked. Adding a tablespoon of vinegar to the water will help keep the egg whites from running out of any eggs that happen to crack while cooking. Some feel it affects the taste but well, I don’t have a problem with it. Also add a pinch of salt to the eggs to prevent cracking and to make it easier to peel.
• Once the water starts boiling, low down the gas and let it be for a minute. Remove it from the fire and cover and rest for 8-10 minutes.
• Place the pan under running water till the eggs cool down and carefully peel them, ensuring you do not damage the surface of the eggs.
• Cut them lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks in a bowl. Mash them with a fork.
• Add all the other ingredients to this yolk mixture and mix well.
• Place the halved egg whites on a serving platter and pipe in the mixture of egg yolks or just spoon it over. Sprinkle some red chili powder like a magic sparkle and Voila! Serve.
Yes! That’s how simple Delhi Daredeviled Eggs are. You can make devil horns and goatee with red bell peppers cut into triangles as shown in the picture and nail it with the presentation. For the eyes, I have used chives as they were lying in my refrigerator, you can use olives, jalapenos, or just about anything that is edible and is handy. Go nuts and create a twist of your own by tweaking the ingredients. #PlayItCool buddy !
Article & Images: Harsh Dixit
Four Seasons Recommends -
Four Seasons Chenin Blanc goes well with dishes with an Indian twist like these Delhi Daredeviled Eggs. Enjoyed best at 8° -10° C.