Following are the terms and conditions for participation by consumers in the "HAR KOI JEETEGA OFFER campaign (the “Campaign”) brought to you by United Spirits Limited, for promotion of the brand McDowell’s No.1 Original
By entering the Competition and/or accepting any prize, all entrants and winners agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Rules”).
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are applicable for the "McDowell’s No.1 Original ( or McDowell’s No1 Luxury in the states of AP and Telangana) /Royal Challenge” Whiskey (180ml and 375ml) which will be applicable during the term of the offer (hereinafter referred as "Campaign Period").
2. The Terms and Conditions apply to every person (“Participant”) entering the McDowell’s No.1 original (or McDowell’s No 1 Luxury in the states of AP/Telangana ) / Royal Challenge whiskey “Har Koi Jeetega Offer” (the “Contest”) conducted by United Spirits Limited (“USL”)
3. The Campaign is open to consumers above the age of 25 years who are from states which allow contest activity as outlined in the campaign
4. To avail this offer and participate in the Campaign, a Consumer, upon purchasing 180ml of McDowell’s No.1 original (or McDowell’s No 1 Luxury in the states of AP/Telangana) / Royal Challenge whiskey or 375ml of McDowell’s No.1 original (or McDowell’s No 1 Luxury in the states of AP/Telangana) / Royal Challenge whiskey must open the product pack, locate the unique alpha numeric code printed under the cap, and SMS the unique code from under the cap to long code ‘9008590085’.
5. By sending the SMS to the long code, the Consumer expressly opts to participate in the Campaign and to receive a message back from USL’s service provider. Upon sending a valid Unique Code from a mobile phone from the above state mentioned in point 4, the Consumer will be eligible to participate in the contest.
6. Each Participant must complete their entry by answering specified question on the automated call back from servicer provider appointed by USL for the OBD activity. Each Participant must complete the contest process successfully to be eligible for the prizes (defined below).
7. By entering the Contest, each Participant promises that he or she fulfils the eligibility requirements. USL reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries including but not limited to the Pre-Qualified Entries (see point 3) and the eligibility of Participant who has submitted entry for the Contest, at any time during or after the Contest, to disqualify any entries including but not limited to the Pre-Qualified Entries (defined below) and to not consider entries that are incomplete or illegible. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Participant, USL’s decision shall be final.
8. Prizes: The participant is eligible for the gratification after successfully answering the question. The winners are selected from an automate process on the randomizer once they successfully answer the question. They are eligible to win the one of the following prizes
Level Type Estimated Nos Estimated value
1 Car 17 INR 400000
2 Bike 8 INR 100000
3 LED TV 200 INR 35000
4 Match Tickets 10000 INR 7000
5 Mobile Top up 1700000 INR 10
9. Assured gratification to be in form of mobile streamed content on the out bound call. The winner will be confirmation after due confirmation by service provider. Each unique product code is valid for one Campaign entry only
10. In respect of each unique Product code, after the prize is delivered, USL shall have no further obligations to the participating Consumer.
11. Participation in this Campaign is voluntary and at the sole discretion of the Consumer. By participating in this Campaign, the consumer fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions as well as the decisions of USL which are final and binding in all matters related to the Campaign.
12. The prizes for this Contest will be given to the winners as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Each winner must accept his/ her prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at USL’s sole discretion. USL reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize or a component of it cannot be awarded or utilized as described. For Footy Nights screening event, USL is not responsible for the consumption of the beverages or meals on the complementary F&B coupon as allocated by Star team to the winner and their friends.
13. USL will send an email to the Prize Winners at the email address given by the entrant. In the event that the Prize Winners do not acknowledge/ accept/ collect/ use their prizes within the stated timeline and/ or do not provide the information requested for by USL within the stated timelines, the Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/ she shall forfeit the prize being awarded and USL shall have the right to award the same prize(s) to another Participant(s).
14. USL is not responsible for failure to contact any potential winner(s), and will not be responsible for contacting or awarding the prizes to any selected Participant(s) who does not respond to USL’s e-mail or telephone calls, if any, within the time periods provided, for any reason whatsoever. Further, in no event shall USL be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the winner or recipient for reasons beyond its control.
15. Contest entries and any materials (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) of the Participants is the property of USL and USL shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use the material in any medium (including internet) free of charge and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. All present and future intellectual property rights in any such material become and remain the sole property of USL. The Participant hereby expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally waives, to the maximum extent possible, all moral rights to which he/she may now or at any time be entitled in respect of any video, photo, film or other document protected by intellectual property rights.
16. Participation in this Campaign is via SMS and applicable normal SMS rates will apply. For more details kindly get in touch with your operator
17. 7. USL cannot guarantee connectivity via the mobile network of the telecoms service provider subscribed to by the consumer. Accordingly, USL shall not be responsible or liable for any inability of, or failure by, the Consumer to connect to any of the above mobile recharge telephone numbers.
18. Inability to send SMS to the long code for mobile recharge may be due to various reasons including but not limited to network congestion, consumer being outside coverage area, network unavailability, third party dependency, or entering an incorrect code, etc.
19. USL shall not be responsible for misdirected SMS or UCN while entering the response via SMS.
20. USL reserves the right to alter, modify or change any terms and conditions herein or modify/change, discontinue, terminate, withdraw the Campaign at any time during the Campaign Period at its sole discretion without prior notice or assigning any reason.
21. Dispute resolution: These terms and conditions shall be deemed to have ben entered upon in Bangalore, and the Courts of Bangalore shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions.
22. During the Campaign Period, Consumers may participate multiple times in the Campaign i.e. each time the Consumer purchases 180ml or 375ml of McDowell’s No1 Original / Royal Challenge promo packs with codes under the cap. In case of invalid code entry, maximum number of invalid entries allowed are 3, having 3 attempts in each entry i.e. 24 in entire campaign period..
23. USL, their service provider and their affiliated partners may contact Campaign participating Consumers regarding other products in the future if the consumer opts-in for future offers and rewards. By opt-in in the campaign, the Consumer agrees to grant USL the right to contact the Consumer in the future about any product, promotion, offer, survey or such other activity for USL or any of its brands.
24. This offer is applicable across the following states of India Haryana , Punjab, Bihar, Assam , West Bengal , Orissa , Maharashtra , Jharkhand , Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka for a limited period only.
25. The Campaign starts 12 Midnight IST on 7th Feb, 2016 and ends on 30st June, 2016 at 11:59 PM IST or till the promo stocks last. Post the offer ends, users with valid codes on McDowell’s No1 Original promo packs may be able to redeem alternative rewards at the discretion of USL.
26. In case of any issues, consumers can call the USL customer care number
27. USL and/or its designated agencies, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter the Competition.
28. Airtime rewards cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferable.
29. USL does not accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted or delayed as a result of any network, hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
30. USL shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with this promotion, prize or prizes and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by participant arising from this promotion or the prize/s
31. No entries from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
32. Stocks without offer also available
33. Offer available in select cities and outlets only
34. USL does not encourage excessive drinking and promotes consumers to ‘Drink Responsibly’