Tribute To The Jello - Jello Shots Cocktail
I remember as a child how I would just gobble down that chilled bowl of rasberry jelly that my Mom would make for me sometimes. Watch it wiggle on my spoon, understand physics through jello, and art through taste. And it is not like I am hyping it up, but Jello is quite awesome! And here’s why...Of course because it wiggles!
To prepare jello shots, you don't need to be a mixologist, only capacity to read and follow instructions from the jelly packet. Right from a hand full of shots, to a few hundred, can be prepared at once. And in a very short time. We need the bare essentials to prepare and store these. A fire and some ice is all you need. Most jelly brands form even without refrigeration, but jelly tastes better when cold. So placing over ice or in a fridge would be helpful.
A jello shot has the capacity to be upgraded to a jello mug. Meaning jello shot - the size of a mug. And here’s the recipe-
150 ml Romanov vodka
Raspberry flavored jello - as per instructions on the box (aprox-60 ml capacity)
60 ml water
30 ml orange juice
1 spring of mint
- Heat the water with the jelly granules for a few minutes.
- Add the orange juice and Romanov vodka.
- Stir and pour into a mug and wait a few minutes for it to cool.
- Drop the mint spring on the top before the jello forms.
- Keep to cool. And serve with a spoon and straw.
To make shots - Convert the above into 5 shots instead by filling contents into a squeezable ice tray or squeezable tiny cups.
Pro tips –
1. Use Antiquity whisky along with cola flavored jello for another yummy shot/mug.
2. Jello shots could be prepared outdoors too when camping under the stars too :)
Feel free to experiment and create new flavors and combinations. Cheers!!
Article by - Ami Shroff
Photo Credit - BODAPLAN Pinterest