Like any other star kid, there has been quite a lot of buzz around this 19 year old, who is all set to make her dream debut in Bollywood this Diwali with Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay.
After all, when the grandniece of Saira Banu and Dilip Kumar forays into Bollywood, she is bound to make it to the headlines. However, there is lot more to this star kid than just hailing from a filmy background.
Here are 11 interesting facts about the beautiful Sayyeshaa Saigal…
1. She may be hailing from an illustrious film family, however she landed Shivaay not because of any family connections rather on her own merit. She went and gave a screen test for the film and got selected.
2. There is no plan B for Sayyeshaa Saigal. Acting is something that she always wanted to do and will continue to do. “I have no alternate career option,” says the pretty girl.
3. Sayyeshaa was a bright student. She was a school topper and passed her IB in science with 97%, however, she was always very certain that she wants to be an actress. In fact, she directly went to shoot from her board exams.
4. Sayyeshaa Saigal is quite bold and wanted to do lot of action sequences in Shivaay. In fact, she even told Ajay Devgn to give her an entry shot like his in Phool Aur Kaante, the one where he is balancing atop two bikes.
5. Her Shivaay director/co-star is one of her favourite Bollywood actors and she loves his film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
6. Sayyeshaa is also a huge fan of Hrithik Roshan, whose Kaho Naa.. Pyaar Hai was the first film she saw in the theater at the age of two. Ever since, she has seen the film a hundred times.
7. Sayyeshaa is an introvert off screen but absolutely uninhibited in front of the camera.
8. She loves to cook, is a self-confessed excellent baker and loves to spend time at home.
9. Dancing is her passion and she has been learning various dance forms since she was 10 years old. Sayyeshaa is trained in several classical and non-classical forms of dance in Brazil, South Africa and London. She is proficient in Latin American, Rhumba, Samba, Jazz funk, Belly dancing, Hip hop, Kathak, and Odissi. When not shooting she spends about 5-6 hours daily practicing her dance moves.
10. Shivaay is not her first film. Since there was a slight delay before the film rolled, Sayyeshaa did a Telugu film — Akhil: The Power Of Jua, so that she could get familiar with the camera.
11. Salman Khan is a close family friend and Sayyeshaa had even auditioned for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.
Image credits: Instagram