Must do in Sydney’s Blue Mountains
A short 90 minute drive from Sydney is all it takes to transport you into a whole new world. The beautiful Blue Mountains, a UNESCO world heritage site with stunning views and beautiful scenery. Here’s a list of five interesting activities you shouldn’t miss during your time there!
Top pick activities
1. Nature meets adventure at Scenic World: Brace yourself for views of the Blue Mountains and Jamison Valley like never before! The Scenic Skyway and Scenic Cableway allow you a spectacular 360 degree view of the valley. The thrilling Scenic Railway offers a 52 degree inclined ride, plunging right into the rainforest—hold on for an exciting ride!
2. Brunch at Leura Garage: Once upon a time, the locals of Leura came here to get their cars serviced. Today, it is a funky, modern eatery with some delicious food on offer! Enjoy a breezy brunch at the lovely Leura Garage as you soak in the interesting atmosphere. Don’t miss the pile of worn out tyres behind the counter, the spanners and mechanical equipments tucked away in the corner—homage to the restaurants roots. Do try their range of Mediterranean dishes (cooked with local flavors and products) and end your meal with Leura Garage’s famous Warm Chocolate Torte!
3. Chocolate tasting at Josophan’s Fine Chocolates: If you love chocolates, this is one experience you should not miss! Carefully handcrafted from the finest fresh favour infusions, Josophan’s is popular with visitors and locals alike. Drop into their cozy store in Leura—don’t miss the fantastic range of chocolates. Highly recommended is the unusual and delicious Basil & Lime Chocolate.
4. Ride a Segway: Ride through the beautiful Blue Mountains on a Segway! This is a great way of exploring the area off the beaten track—take in the beauty of the flowing streams, ride along the rolling green hills for a soul-stirring experience!
5. Fine dining at Eucalypt Restaurant: Fancy a fine-dine meal amidst the magnificent Blue Mountains? Head to the Eucalypt Restaurant in the Fairmont Resort, Blue Mountains. Experience local cuisine at its fresh, most delectable best. Must-have dishes include seared scallops with butternut pumpkin puree (entrée) and pan- roasted quail (main). Vegetarians can dig into the delicious home made gnocchi with wild mushrooms.
Article and Images By: Mithila Mehta