Following are the terms and conditions for participation by consumers in the "McDowell’s No.1 Original MOBILE OFFER campaign (the “Campaign”) brought to you by United Spirits Limited, for promotion of the brand McDowell’s No.1 Original and Luxury whiskey
By entering the Competition and/or accepting any prize, all entrants and winners agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Rules”).
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are applicable for the McDowell’s No.1 whiskey “Yaari ka Asli Code" which will be applicable during the term of the offer (hereinafter referred as "Campaign Period").
2. The Campaign is open to consumers above the age of 25 years who are users of mobile phone connections located in the Indian state of Assam, Arunachal , Meghalaya.
3. To avail this offer and participate in the Campaign, a Consumer, upon purchasing 180ml of McDowell’s No1 Original / Luxury whiskey or 375ml of McDowell’s No.1 Original/ Luxury whiskey must open the product pack, locate the unique alpha numeric code printed under the cap, and SMS the unique code from under the cap to long code ‘9008590085’. By sending the SMS to the long code, the Consumer expressly opts in to participate in the Campaign and to receive a message back from USL’s service provider. An opt-out option is created for the consumer who does not wish to participate
4. Each Participant must complete their entry by answering specified question on the automated call back from servicer provider appointed by USL for the OBD activity . Each Participant must complete the contest process successfully to be eligible for the prizes (defined below). Assured gratification to be in form of mobile streamed content on the out bound call. The winner will be confirmation after due confirmation by service provider. Each unique product code is valid for one Campaign entry only. Please note, post-paid mobile phones are not eligible for mobile recharge during this offer.
One Bike per day to the eligible lucky winner
5. Participation in this Campaign is voluntary and at the sole discretion of the Consumer. By entering the Contest, each Participant promises that he or she fulfils the eligibility requirements. USL reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries including but not limited to the Pre-Qualified Entries (see point 3) and the eligibility of Participant who has submitted entry for the Contest, at any time during or after the Contest, to disqualify any entries including but not limited to the Pre-Qualified Entries (defined below) and to not consider entries that are incomplete or illegible. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any Participant, USL’s decision shall be final.
6. Participation in this Campaign is via SMS and applicable normal SMS rates will apply. For more details kindly get in touch with your operator. During the Campaign Period, Consumers may participate multiple times in the Campaign i.e. each time the Consumer purchases 180ml or 375ml of McDowell’s No1 Original / Luxury whiskey packs with codes under the cap. In case of invalid code entry, maximum number of invalid entries allowed are 3 attempts in each entry i.e. The mobile numbers identified against the maximum failed attempts will be a part of Lead-Generation Activity for brand assurance (see point 15)
7. USL will send an email to the Prize Winners at the email address given by the entrant. In the event that the Prize Winners do not acknowledge/ accept/ collect/ use their prizes within the stated timeline and/ or do not provide the information requested for by USL within the stated timelines, the Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/ she shall forfeit the prize being awarded and USL shall have the right to award the same prize(s) to another Participant(s).
8. USL is not responsible for failure to contact any potential winner(s), and will not be responsible for contacting or awarding the prizes to any selected Participant(s) who does not respond to USL’s e-mail or telephone calls, if any, within the time periods provided, for any reason whatsoever. Further, in no event shall USL be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the winner or recipient for reasons beyond its control.
9.Contest entries and any materials (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) of the Participants is the property of USL and USL shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use the material in any medium (including internet) free of charge and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. All present and future intellectual property rights in any such material become and remain the sole property of USL. The Participant hereby expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally waives, to the maximum extent possible, all moral rights to which he/she may now or at any time be entitled in respect of any video, photo, film or other document protected by intellectual property rights.
10. USL shall not be responsible for misdirected SMS while entering the response via SMS.
11. USL reserves the right to alter, modify or change any terms and conditions herein or modify/change, discontinue, terminate, withdraw the Campaign at any time during the Campaign Period at its sole discretion without prior notice or assigning any reason.
12. Dispute resolution: These terms and conditions shall be deemed to have been entered upon in Bangalore, and the Courts of Bangalore shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions.
13. During the Campaign Period, Consumers may participate multiple times in the Campaign i.e. each time the Consumer purchases 180ml or 375ml of McDowell’s No1 Original promo packs with codes under the cap. In case of invalid code entry, maximum number of invalid entries allowed are 3 per day.
14. USL, their service provider and their affiliated partners may contact Campaign participating Consumers regarding other products in the future if the consumer opts-in for future offers and rewards. By opt-in in the campaign, the Consumer agrees to grant USL the right to contact the Consumer in the future about any product, promotion, offer, survey or such other activity for USL or any of its brands.
15. This offer is applicable across all telecom providers operating in India in state of Assam, Arunachal , Meghalaya
16. Brand Assurance activities as a part of the “campaign period”
(a) Lead generation : from invalid codes identified basis 3 failed attempts. Such mobile numbers will be used for an OBD activity by the USL appointed vendor, to identify the source of the invalid code as part of the Brand Assurance building efforts by USL
(b) Channel Partner out-reach : through an SMS-based incentivized program to USL identified partners to help increase penetration of authentic USL promo stock during the “Campaign period”.
17. The Campaign starts 12 Midnight IST on 1st July, 2016 and ends on 31st July, 2016 at 11:59 PM IST or till the promo stocks last. Post the offer ends, users with valid codes on McDowell’s No1 Original promo packs may be able to redeem alternative rewards at the discretion of USL.
18. In case of any issues, consumers can call the USL customer care number - 022-61950402 between 11 AM IST to 9 PM IST.
19. USL and/or its designated agencies, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter the Competition.
20. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferable.
21. USL does not accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted or delayed as a result of any network, hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
22: USL shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with this promotion, prize or prizes and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by participant arising from this promotion or the prize/s
23. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
24. Stocks without offer also available
25. Offer available in select cities and outlets only
26. USL does not encourage excessive drinking and promotes consumers to ‘Drink Responsibly’